Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Don't discount your local thrift store

One place I like to browse is my local Goodwill store because if you look around long enough it's amazing what you can find. For instance today I found this gold Fossil purse that was a bit worn but only cost $6.99!I also found this like new Old Navy white and gray striped sweater for $5.49. This past fall I found this green spring time dress for $9.99. My local Goodwill store also gets many items from Target, so I have found new picture frames from Target for half the price at my Goodwill store. It's also possible to search and buy items from Goodwill at shopgoodwill.com. Another great store for retro clothing is MoonZooom in San Jose on West San Carlos Street. They have a vast collection of pieces from the 50's to the 80's. Everything is for a good price too. Another local thrift store to check out while you are bargain hunting for unique pieces is Savers. They have a larger variety of clothing than Goodwill, but Goodwill has a larger assortment of household items. Where ever you decide to look, don't get discouraged if the first trip doesn't bring excellent finds. It can take several trips to find that amazing item.












1 comment:

  1. Hey Faith! That is a beautiful purse, despite the fact that it was only...shoosh..EIGHT DOLLARS!

    ReplyDelete